Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sisters

            I am the oldest out of me and my sister. I feel obligated to be perfect and not make any mistakes, because she looks up to me. Even thought she is already sixteen, I know I am still a role model for her. Just last night I was helping her study for a test. The fact that she asked me to help her made me feel like she can trust that can help her better understand.
            Growing up me and my sister Morgan played every day.  But when I went to school she cried. After I started going to school, she wanted to go to school as well. Her and my mom would be waiting for me to get home so we could all play together.  Those were the simple days, and sometimes I wish I could go back to the simple life.
            As we grew up we would fight a lot. About cloths, boys, hair, etc. stupid things that didn’t matter. We were so mean to each other I am surprised we didn’t kill each other. As the phase continued I had to move my room downstairs just to get away from her. I needed my own space and so did she so we could both grow up. I remember hitting her in the head with a bag of rocks because she made me so angry. Those were the growing up days.
            But though all of our stages we have both turned out to be pretty good girls. We are very close and actually share a room now. She is going into nursing because I have caught her interest in the Health Occupations class at Savannah High School.  We tell each other everything; she is like my best friend. I don’t know what I would do without that crazy girl. Now more than ever I try to do as much for her as I can including giving advice, money, food, etc. I love her a lot and try to protect her from everything, especially boys. This is why I feel the need to be perfect because I don’t want her to make the same mistakes I have.
            But she doesn’t know I look up to her as well. She is such a strong individual; she is smart, pretty, and caring. She has a good head on her shoulders and I know she will do well if she keeps up her hard work. So not only is she looking up to me but I am looking up to her. We push each other to do our very bests. This is why I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment